Monday, February 2, 2009

Well....

Ok, so I know I just said 2 days ago that I'm not going to do Steelhead in the interest of saving money so that we can go on a vacation that doesn't revolve around a race. Buuuuuuut, some people on Saturday were talking about this race, and I wanna do it! Here are my reasons:
  • It starts at midnight, and that sounds pretty awesome
  • Get to run through the desert in the middle of the night
  • It's out by Area 51, so I might get to spot a UFO
  • Breakfast after the race at the Little A'le'Inn, which if you havent seen on the Travel Channel, you are living under a rock
  • Host hotel is in Vegas
  • They bus you out to the race and back
  • It's a good excuse to go spend a couple of extra days in Vegas
  • Can check Nevada off my list

I think I have convinced the hubs that it is a good idea. He could do the half, then just hang out and eat while he waited for my slow ass to finish the full. So bloggy peeps, who else wants to do it? I know some of you have got to be looking for an August race....

3 comments:

Chic Runner said...

That sounds like a cool race! And thanks for the uplifting words. I was just a mess yesterday.

Kim said...

Doug and I looked at that race. Doesn't it sound like a ton of fun?!

Sarah said...

That sounds like a blast. I wonder if I could be ready for a marathon by then if I don't get into NYC this year? I was thinking of a mid to late fall marathon, but maybe I could do a late summer one...