Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Doing Your Best

As I was finishing my run on Saturday, another group of girls was finishing at the same time. I overheard them talking about their 22 mile run. And for a second, I was embarassed that it had just taken me the same amount of time to run 16 miles that it had taken them to run 22. Just for a second. I remembered an article I read a while back about doing your best. I've read that article a number of times, and I just read it again. To remind myself that there is nothing embarassing about how fast or slow I run, even if there are people out there that run twice as fast as me. I think we all need to be reminded of that from time to time.

http://www.active.com/running/Articles/Penguin_Chronicles__Doing_your_best.htm

3 comments:

Chic Runner said...

Something great that we should all remember! thanks for the motivation/inspiration!

Oz Runner said...

very true...it's hard to keep from comparing yourself to others but running is better if you remember that it's all personal.....

Lora Abernathy said...

Well, that's just an incredible article. Big congrats on finishing your IM!