Monday, February 2, 2009

10 and done

It's so funny how sometimes a run of a certain distance can totally wipe you out, and then the next time it will just feel like nothing. I did 10 on Saturday, and spent the rest of the day feeling like I had done 18. The weather was PERFECT. Not "perfect for January", just perfect. Maybe 40 or so when we started out, nice little breeze, sunny, warmed up maybe to 50 by the time we finished. Per-fect. It was a new course for us, which is always nice to throw in a little bit of variety. We started off at 68 Inside Sports, and ran over through Downtown OP, so right through my old 'hood! I ran a lot of those same streets before we moved, so it was pretty fun. I felt amazing the entire run, felt like I could have easily done another 4 miles or so.

Then, I just crashed. Actually, I got home, watched a little bit of a movie, showered, and headed over to Chipotle for my normal post-run burrito. The problem occured when I left the last quarter of my burrito sitting on the coffee table to go outside and pay for the Girl Scout cookies that the neighbor girl was delivering.....and returned to find Penny on the floor devouring the remains of my burrito. I need the whole burrito to fully recover from a long run. That had to have been the problem. So I spent the rest of the day feeling like hell. Next time I will be sure that the entire burrito makes it's way into my belly.

Last night we had some friends over to watch the Super Bowl, and even *gasp* let them bring their kids. Being that we're literally the only childless couple out of D's group of friends, we've pretty much come to the conclusion that if we want to get together with them, kids are going to be involved. And for people such as ourselves, who are used to only dogs running through the house, the thought of 6 little kids running around is a bit much. But they all kept themselves entertained down in the basement, with no crying or screaming or destruction of property involved. Maybe we'll let them come over again :)

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

do you want kids of your own? They are a handfull, but worth it.

I know what you mean about the recovering process. I have mine and if it gets messed up at all, that is it, don't expect me to be happy or nice for the rest of the day.

Courtney Staton said...

lol on the above comment.

ps
I dig the new layout