Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New game plan

OK! Since I have decided at the very last minute to go ahead and do HyVee on the 28th, I have some serious business to get down to. I havent swam in....a while. And I havent ridden in....a while. I feel a bit like a tool for doing a race that I'm not trained for, because I hate it when other people do that. But, I'm fully aware of my limitations, so you wont find me complaining afterwards about a less than stellar performance.

So here's the plan. They have open swim in the lake at SMP on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I am going to go out there this week and next week to swim, and then ride. I'm not a HUGE fan of the monotony of riding in SMP, but I can always just leave the park and ride out west if I feel like it. I dont want to just give up on lifting the next 2 weeks since I was kind of getting into my groove, so I'll still do that on Monday and Wednesday. And I WILL get up and run in the mornings. At least I know I can run a 10k with no problem.

Sunday is Fathers Day, but I am going to plan to get a semi-long ride in. Ideally, I really need to get at least 25 miles. So all that should leave me sitting in an OK position. It will just be fun to go race again!

No comments: