Friday, June 15, 2007

First OWS of the season

I met a few of the DFT ladies out at SMP last night so that they could go through my speed drills with me, and then do an OWS. We actually had SIX of us show up! That’s a record for our Thursday night workouts! The speed drills went a little slow since I was demonstrating them, so I only got through each set once. And I started feeling a little sick towards the end, so we didn’t even get through all of the sets. Oh well, it was still a good workout. It was definitely nice to see some of the gals that I don’t get to see very often, so hopefully more and more people will start coming to the Thursday workouts!

The swim went OK, I was surprised how warm the lake was already. There is always this one part of the lake that is so hot, it’s like swimming through bath water. I guess maybe the water is shallower there or something, but it’s a pretty noticeable difference. And there was a bunch of algae in the water, maybe since the beach just opened and people haven’t been in the water enough to kill it all off? Who knows. I only did a couple of loops around the course because I was heading out to a going away happy hour for one of the RB’s. Of course, I decided to get a jump on my self-induced 20 weeks of lame-ness and not drink, but it was still a good time. I only stayed for about 30 minutes since the dogs had been in their crates since noon. Dan’s been out of town for work this week, so it’s been up to me to go home and let the dogs out. It was 8:30 by the time I got home, and not surprisingly, I had a shittastic mess waiting for me. Poor Walter, I guess he just couldn’t hold it any longer. It’s times like this that I really appreciate living in a house and having a hose outside!!

No comments: