Monday, June 11, 2007

Cheese, please.

I went out to Shawnee Mission Park yesterday to do the bike and run course for the SMP tri. Dan was leaving to go for a conference for the week, and I wanted to wait until after he left, so it was about 3:30 or so by the time I got out there. Nice and muggy, just what I love. Er, not so much. But really, I need to get used to it. I dont know what the deal was, but every friggin person in JoCo seemed to be out at the park, so there were cars and motorcycles driving around all over the place. The park has some nice downhills where I top out at 35mph+ on my bike, but you cant really do that when some jackass is driving his Taurus 10mph looking around for the shelter where his second cousin's niece's grandma's neighbor is having a birthday party. Of course, this is after he followed me up a hill, irritated that some cyclist had the audacity to ride on a PARK road, and then sped around me at the crest of the hill. And so my two loops went.

Usually I prefer to be on my bike, but yesterday I was glad to get off it and start running. I havent been running much lately, and yesterday it just felt really good to get out there and work the cobwebs out of my legs. Well, whatever cobwebs have formed in the last month since Lincoln. I was going along, enjoying the afternoon, when "Eye of the Tiger" came up on my ipod. Lets be honest here. Is there anything better than running to that song?? I didn't think so. Of course, there's nothing cheesier either. But I maintain that it is the best running song. Ever. I was about this close to yelling "Hey! I love running!" to a couple of guys that were fishing. But I decided that I dont need to appear any more insane than I already am :)

No comments: