Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Oh yeah!

In all my new bike excitement, I almost forgot......it's race week! My marathon is this weekend! Yippee! Ok, so I know that by "normal" standards, it's insane to be excited about running 26.2 miles. But I've been working my butt off the last 6 months, so I'm excited to finally get out there and do it. Plus, it will be my first real test for Florida. I will feel so much better once I know that I really CAN run that far! Saturday was my last "long" run before the race, and it was a piddly 8 miles. Kind of weird that I now think 8 miles isnt that far! I felt really good for most of the run, but at about mile 6 I started getting worried I was going to have a bathroom emergency. I dont know what it is that messes up my GI system so bad on some runs, I always keep the same nutrition/hydration plan. I'm just hoping my stomach stays settled for Lincoln. I'm not shooting for any time goal, just finishing will be fine by me.

I'm also excited to get the marathon done because that means tri season is here. Heritage Park is 2 weeks after Lincoln, and then its pretty much non stop until IMFL. Kind of scary, but I'm looking forward to it! I think I may end up cutting out a couple of races I was planning on doing this summer just because they are managed by KLM. KLM does a really poor job of managing their races, and I dont really feel like paying $50+ for a poorly run race. I wish there were more UltraMax races, Mark really does a fabulous job with all of his events.

No comments: