Monday, May 14, 2007

5 days, 18 hours

....Until the first tri of the season! I'm so excited that Heritage Park is this weekend, I can barely stand it. Michele, Courtney and I went out there on Saturday to ride, but I ended up only doing one loop of the bike course because I was doing the Crawl for Cancer that afternoon and needed to go get my drink on. But Sunday Monica and I went out and rode the bike course 3 times, which is how many times we'll have to do it for the race. Piece of cake! Maybe a mile of the course is on Pflumm and it has a couple of rollers, but inside the park it is all downhill and I can just FLY! It was so fun trying to get my max speed higher each loop I did. Then we walked the run course so that Monica could get an idea of how long it will be. This will be her first tri, so I'm excited to see her finish it.


It's a little nerve wracking though, because once the tri season starts, it isnt over until Florida! Yikes! It's still almost 6 months away, but I know it's going to go by so fast. I'll be standing on the beach before I know it. Now that the marathon is over, I'm not worried about the run portion. I know i can run and walk 26.2 miles. I'm still nervous about the bike and swim portions because I've never swam 2.4 miles or biked 112. I know I CAN do it, it's just going to be a matter of actually DOING it. We'll need to find some good flat roads to train on this summer.


Have I mentioned lately how much I love my bike? :) And check out my Smith sunglasses. They are one of our sponsors this year, so we got a fat discount. I love em, they are so comfortable and light, and they actually stay in place without sliding down my face when I get sweaty.

No comments: