Thursday, March 5, 2009

This and That

Oh boy have I been slacking. On updating my blog anyway. I was PLANNING to run 12 miles last Sunday, but that didn't happen. I had a good reason, I swear! I help out from time to time with Mid-America Boston Terrier Rescue with transporting dogs to where they need to go. I had volunteered to pick up a dog from her foster home on Saturday morning and give her a ride part way so she could meet her ride for the rest of the way to Omaha where she was being adopted. Well, long story short, I ended up picking up TWO dogs on FRIDAY night, whom I kept all weekend, then had to pick up the original girl on Sunday morning and drive them half way to Omaha. Which was farther than I had originally been planning anyway. Really, who could resist these cute little faces!?



Poor girls, both of them were totally terrified and didnt come out of their crates all weekend. Until I left their crate doors open on Sunday morning while I was getting ready and the little red one crawled in with the black one so they could snuggle. Both are doing well, and are available for adoption if anyone is looking for a little friend! :)

And the reason I had to skip RE on Saturday morning? Well, I was hosting a baby shower. And this was not just ANY baby shower. This was an all out fetus party! We didnt start out intending to have a fetus themed shower, it just sort of evolved. First with the discovery of fetus shaped cookie cutters, and then it just went from there. You know it's a good party when the guest of honor shows up wearing a fetus shirt, one of the drinks being served is called Bon Drunkage, there are fetus cookies complete with umbillical cords and placentas, and people are still at your house partying at 11:30 at night. Fun times! Some highlights:

Some fetus cookies:



A rousing game of "pin the fetus on Jules"



Baby R likes the Absolut Pear already! (isnt that fetus shirt kind of creepy!?) And not to worry, no alcohol was consumed by the mom to be, she was just lamenting the fact that she couldn't partake :)

So, I may not have done any running, but I did have a fun weekend. Now back to reality. I have a 20-miler for this Saturday that I'm actually looking forward to because it's supposed to be like 70 degrees out. Talk about spring fever! I did 6 miles on Tuesday, and came out with an 11:15 pace. But that includes me having to wait quite a while on both my way out and way back to cross a really busy intersection. So lets just say it was more like an 11:00 pace. Which I'm really happy with.





2 comments:

Kim said...

Okay-those cookies...SCARY!
Sounds like a fun time!
We'd adopt one of those cuties but Ms. Mols would think they were a snack for her.

Unknown said...

I agree that the cookies are creepy! I bet the mom to be had a great time though! -e