Monday, August 20, 2007

74 days and counting

I’m tired. I’m tired of always being tired. I’m tired of training. I’m tired of thinking about IronMan. I’m tired of having to go to bed early and get up early. I’m tired of counting down the days till November 3. I’m ready for it to just phucking get here!

Other than that, not much new to report. I had a 14 mile run on Saturday and decided that it is DEFINITELY time for new shoes. I had been running in Adidas Supernovas for a couple of years, then they switched me to Mizuno Wave Riders last time I bought new shoes. For one thing, I don’t like that name. Wave Rider. Sounds like it should be a movie about some kid who befriends a dolphin or something. Maybe it is. Who knows. But I digress. Anyway, I have been blistering more than I ever did before with these shoes. It used to be only the bottoms of my pinky toes. Now it’s there, the bottoms of my other toes, the sides of my big toes, that bony part on the side of my foot next to my big toe, the side of my foot, and a new one Saturday; the ball of my foot. Yes, I got a blister on the bottom of my damn foot. And my pinky toe blisters had blood, and they were unusually painful. You can imagine how awesome my feet look. Of course, this IS the pair that I’ve been running in since April, so they got me through the marathon and are probably as tired as I am. But I think I am going to maybe go back to the Adidas’ and try some new socks. I usually wear really thin socks, maybe I need some thicker ones. Or, I could just dip my feet in Second Skin before I run….

Since my work finds it necessary to block most photo hosting sites (but somehow blogger isn’t blocked, go figure), Court went through the pics from the Women’s Tri and sent me mine. There were actually a few good ones, though most of the shots from the run make me look mildly retarded, as usual.


















































I like this one because I actually look like I'm running, not power walking which is usually how I look in the "run" pictures.

































And for good measure, some new doggie pictures.






























No comments: