Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ok, here we go! I'm sitting at 234 days until IMFL, and feeling pretty good about it today. I go back and forth; some days I feel like vomiting when I think about it, and some days I feel like I could go out and do it tomorrow. I'm doing my first full marathon in Lincoln, NE in May, so right now I'm focusing on my run training. Saturday was my longest run to date, 16 miles. I'm just now getting over a sinus infection, so I havent been doing a lot of running and was worried that I wouldn't be able to make it the entire 16 miles. I run with the Runners Edge training group, and there was another girl in my pace group going 16 miles, so we were able to talk each other through it. I was so proud of myself for sticking it out! Was a little sore, but an ice bath (I could only stand it for a minute and a half) and a weekend of rest did the trick. I've been having a problem with my IT band, and my feet have started to blister pretty bad, so I finally made myself go buy some new running shoes yesterday. Hopefully that helps out!

No comments: