Friday, January 23, 2009

Well, that was a bad idea

So, we all know I have issues with my pinky toes. Several weeks ago, I got a pretty big blister on one of them that eventually deflated, but the top layer of skin never reattached to my toe. So there was just sort of this empty pocket there. I finally got sick of it, and since I had last weekend off running, I decided to just cut the skin off. Big mistake! Just doing that made my toe feel like it was on fire. I ran 2 on Wednesday and it bothered me a little bit, but last night I did 4 and it killed. My toes had gotten nice and calloused up, and I basically just cut that whole layer off. So now I'm starting from scratch again. Ugh. I should have known better. The 14 I'm supposed to do tomorrow should be greeeeaaaat.

Speaking of those 14, it's supposed to be 9 degrees Saturday morning. NINE. That will make it even better! Last night when I ran, it was about 60. I was running outside at the end of January in shorts. Seriously, it is not cool to be teased with a day of weather like that, and then have it plummet to single digits. Sigh. Such is the life in Kansas.

No comments: