Monday, November 26, 2007

So um, what now?

I did my Ironman. Go me! But now what am I supposed to do!? I had planned on taking 2-week minimum break, and then start running and swimming again as I felt like it. But I've pretty much been sick the entire three weeks since we got back from Florida. I finally felt like I was starting to get better, but then I woke up Saturday morning with what felt like the flu. Fantastic. So now it's more resting and no working out for me. Not that I mind, it's kind of nice to have the break. And I cant say I'm surprised I've been sick for so long, I did kind of put my body through quite an ordeal. I guess this is it's revenge.

But now I have to figure out what I want to do after I get sick. As appealing as it may sound, I cant sit on my couch and eat ice cream for 3 meals a day and get fat. So, maybe a couple of marathons next year? Few tri's thrown in for good measure? Something else? Who knows. All I know for sure is that I am putting no pressure on myself next season to do any certain races. I'm just going to go with the flow.

For right now I'm excited to be able to get back to cooking what I want and watching my tv shows on the day they air, instead of trying to catch up on a weeks worth of Days and Grays on Sunday afternoons as I lay on the couch recovering from a long ride. And as lame as it sounds, I'd kind of like to take a knitting class. Couldnt think about that while I was training!

No comments: